Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Light Show

I think God is trying to send us a message. Last year we lived in the townhouse where everybody technically had a 2x3' yard. A few neighbors right across from us had every branch on their bush decorate with a light. They even adorned their 2x3' yard with a cute candy cane fence!
This year we moved to a subdivision of houses. Well one night, after Thanksgiving, I was rocking Keira to sleep and noticed a glow in her room. Yes, the neighbors right across from us decorated every inch of their house. It had a Griswald effect to it!
Then a house three doors down started putting up their decorations outside.....put it this way, we do not have to pay to go drive thru a light show. Every inch of their yard and house is decorated. (they have a corner lot too!!) They even were able to fit 12, yes 12, blow up things in the yard! One is even on the overhang over the garage!! I went down and took pictures right after Christmas. The house directly across from us took theirs down a few days after Christmas, so I will post them next year. But here is last years town house and this years light show. Click on pictures to get the full effect. (I wished they would have turned out clearer)

Our view from our townhouse last year.

This is the light show house. I am sorry, but the bottom picture does not show the chasing snowflake lights on the chimney!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Lauren and Sydney like the Christmas lights! Lauren told me it looks like a Gingerbread Christmas House!